Thursday, January 25, 2007

Double uh oh

Well, I guess I better get my ass back in the kitchen, inspiration or no inspiration, hell or highwater. Cause today I got the lovely news that I have a blown head gasket on the car I bought less than two years ago for $1500 - and then spent another $3000 repairing in the good faith that it would last me a good long time. Now we're looking at another $2000 - all this for a car that doesn't even have power locks! It's a 1987 Subaru for god's sake!

Dude, I'm ready for some royalties. Some passive income. Some money raining down on my head. Some incredibly generous benefactors. Hidden treasures in my back yard. A little filthy richness not achieved through pushing papers or slaving away over a hot stove (oh my god, did I just say that?).

I mean, I'll happily eat mac & cheese out of laziness and a sore lack of inspiration. But I don't want to eat it due to my grocery budget being eaten up by my mechanic. And anyone who knows me knows I'm not the best with budgets to begin with.

Just the other day, I told someone that I still had a little stash of things just waiting to be smashed with a hammer, and that I didn't want to smash them indescriminately and for no good reason; I wanted to wait until I had just the perfect opportunity to unleash some true anger - I guess this is a good a time as any.

Or maybe I'll wait till I get the bill for my car.

No comments: