Friday, June 01, 2007

The Last Supper

Ok, it wasn't the last, not by any stretch of the imagination. But it WAS the last completely indulgent meal I'll be having for awhile. No shaky hands today, and although I do have a caffeine withdrawal headache that feels like someone driving nails into my head, I feel otherwise alright.

I'm still a little giddy from the meal I had at Aziza last night with a small posse of my friends from work. The restaurant is beautiful inside, and every single dish was exquisite. Seriously! Moroccan cuisine is so alluring, with an artful way of combining spices and fruits and herbs. It's the kind of food that just thrills and inspires me.

I have long been drawn to this type of cuisine, although I've never really gone out to eat it before! So, you might as well start with the best place in town, and that is exactly what we did.

We tried many different dishes from the menu, with ingredients like saffron broth, green olives, preserved Meyer lemons, cumin-orange glaze, mint sauce, cranberry-cumin couscous....oh just go look at their menu and see for yourself. Or better yet, go eat there!

Our after dinner tea combined fresh lemon verbena and crysanthemum leaves with rose petals, and it practically made me swoon! Dessert was cayenne-chocolate custard. Oh god, I was so full already, but I couldn't help myself.

So yes, I think this just might be my new favorite restaurant. Go eat there and tell me what you think. Or better yet, wait till I finish my detox diet and then take me with you!!

No comments: