Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Life without Coffee

I miss my coffee. It's been 5 days now. Shouldn't I be waking up all bright eyed and bushy tailed? Instead, this is how I feel:





Of course, I used to feel that way every morning anyway. But then, I would stumble into the kitchen, put the water on to boil, pour copious amounts of Cole coffee into my little gold filter, and before too long, I was like a happy little junkie. All was right in the world.



But now, mornings feel all surreal and I feel disoriented. In fact, that feeling carries on into the day. I keep waiting for the day when I'll wake up and just feel good. And if that day doesn't come soon, then those 3 days of caffeine withdrawal headaches will have been for nothing, cause I'm going back on the coffee.

At least now, I've proven to myself that I can stop. Granted, it was hellish. But I did it. I wouldn't want to have to go through that again, so maybe I'll just decide once and for all that I'm never giving up coffee again. Next time I get a bright idea like this, somebody please slap me.

No comments: