Monday, April 02, 2007

More birthday fun, featuring Johnny Cash and Strawberry-Rhubarb pie


Last night was such a fun way to kick off the birthday week, that I made a mental note to myself to do a little celebrating every day this week, without thinking too hard about how that would happen.

Well today, I didn't have to think. On my way home from work I stopped off at my dear friend Lucio's to pick up our lovely friend Ms. Spider the Dog. And Lucio sent me away with a piece of his delectable strawberry-rhubarb pie; regular readers of this blog may remember that Lucio is quite the pie baker. Perhaps he'll pass along his secret recipe one of these days, eh?

But wait, there's more! He also sent me away with a cool anthology of Johnny Cash; it's called "Johnny Cash - At Sen Quentin (Legacy Edition)". It's a 3 disc set, and it was recorded in 1969, the year of my birth. And of course, anyone who knows me well enough to know my phone number, knows that when you call, you get to listen to Johnny Cash! So, I am happy indeed.

This sweet pic of Ms. Spider was taken by Lucio himself, one fine hot day last Fall.

The week just keeps getting better! I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings. Until then, happy trails!

No comments: