Thursday, March 15, 2007

A little Black spot on the Sun...


So as I sit down to write this, I realize that I have no idea what I'm going to write about.

And my lovely housemate Miss NoNo is sitting in her room listening to music with the door open, and here I sit in my room, feeling like I need to write something and I am not sure what that something is going to be.

And the words float down from her room "... there's a little black spot on the sun today ..." and it feels somehow appropriate for the way I've felt this week.

Blazing sunshine, clear skies, divine Spring/Summer breezes have been the backdrop to this week. But in light of this loss, it can't be seen in total brightness. It can't be felt in complete lightness, because one who was here just last week is gone, never to return to this earth.

I keep thinking of his family, of his girlfriend, of everything that he left undone. I keep thinking about how terribly sad I feel - and how perhaps those who knew him more intimately than I did, must be feeling that the earth has been pulled out from under them. I keep thinking that once a person is gone, you never get another chance to appreciate them on this earth.

And indeed the world does keep turning, we keep moving and breathing and burying ourselves under piles of incredibly important things that maybe aren't that important in the end. And the sun keeps shining and everything carries on, but there's the little black spot to remind us...to slow down, to appreciate, to just be...and oh, how I am trying...

No comments: