Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sometimes, You get what you Need...



... see, what I want right now is an ice cold, strong, bitter beer. In fact, I want two or three. But hey, it's still January and so for now, the fake beer and veggie juice cocktails will have to suffice. I don't NEED the beer. I just want it, and miss it!

One thing I do sort of need however, and have needed for some time, is an immersion blender. You know, the kind you stick into a big pot of soup in order to puree it. I keep thinking I need to buy one but probably, I've been drinking just enough beer and wine to kill off the exact brain cells needed in order to remember to get the dang thing! Well now, that little problem is fixed, because yesterday at work, a friend of a friend showed up and handed me one. Alex loves to cook, and bought several of these to give to friends & family, but somehow ended up with one too many. And knowing that I love to cook, she decided I should have it.






Thanks, Alex! I think I feel a big pot of creamy roasted squash soup coming on, oh yeah...

No comments: