Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sans Alcohol



I wasn't really sure if I could do it. But so far, I've made it nearly eight days. That's eight days without so much as one drop of luscious red wine or strong, bitter beer touching my parched, parched lips. How sad is it that I wasn't sure if I could do it? Well friends, that's another story, a story we might not need to tell because the fact is, I AM doing it. And I'll be doing it for another uh... twenty three days, but who's counting?

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you might remember when I once foolishly decided to give up coffee. Well compared to that, this is really a piece of cake! But also, it's an interesting way for me to see just how much I rely on the booze to do things like help me relax and help me sleep (and then consequently keep me awake!).

One thing's for sure; I'm not missing those calories, and I won't be complaining if I find myself sans a few pounds of spare tire at the end of the month. I gotta say though - it was weird hosting a dinner party and buying, and then serving, wine to my guests while I sat there drinking sparkling water!

But on the up side, the lack of alcohol has inspired me to pull out my dusty old juicer and now I'm enjoying daily "cocktails" of juice made from carrot, celery, beet, ginger, lemon & apple. After all the consumption over the holidays, my body is liking this.

I still have to report about my Dad's homemade pasta (hey Dad maybe you should send me a list of step by step instructions so I can post them with the pics!) and much, much more! But hey, the work day is almost over, and it's nearly time for my evening cocktail, so excuse me, I have some vegetables to scrub...

No comments: