Thursday, November 02, 2006

Where the Rock Stars Eat, part Two

As promised, here are a few recommendations as to where to eat late at night when in the East side of the San Francisco bay, otherwise known as Eastbaynia. This list is pretty short but maybe some of you readers have suggestions that Soup and Song doesn't know about?

Koryo Sushi – late late hours and delicious! Now here's what I like - they're open till 1:30 Tues - Thurs, and till 2:30 on Fri/Sat (and till 11:30 on Sundays!). The food is great.


Lanesplitter Pub – 2 locations for all your pizza & beer needs. Pizza served till 1 am. They were on the Part One list, but technically, 1 am qualifies as late night, so they get to be on this list too.

Au Coquelet - this cafe is open till 1:30 Sun - Thurs, and till 2:00 on Fri/Sat. I can't find a web site for them, but they are located in Berkeley at 2000 University Avenue, near Milvia. The food is so-so in my opinion; you could certainly do worse at 1 am. They have a full menu w/ sandwiches & salads and a huge pastry selection.

Soon, I'll get back to writing about music. Soon, as in... right about now!

Last night I saw a great rootsy duo called Hollertown - lovely bluegrass harmonies led by Corry, a woman with some serious pipes and she knows how to use 'em too! I love it when a duo manages to sound so full. She and Dave trade off playing guitar, mandolin & banjo, performing a mix of really nice originals and well chosen covers. And it's not just straight up bluegrass either; there are some great gospel and country influences in there too. And, it rocks. What more could ya want?

Rock on yourselves, people. Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Emily Coker said...

you already said the split.

Emily Coker said...

write more or I'll, I'll, I'll...

Soup and Song said...

Read the fine print Miss NoNo! There's a reason Lanesplitter is on there twice...just so's ya knows...

Emily Coker said...

I don't know how to read