Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Out to Lunch

So usually, I bring my lunch to work, and once in awhile I go home for lunch. On the rare occasion that I go out for lunch, it usually involves a taco truck, or Lanesplitter pizza.

But folks at work have been raving about 900 Grayson, and today I just had to go & see what all the fuss was about. I didn't exactly go out to lunch though; I went there for take-out and then sat at my desk savoring every beautiful, perfect bite...

Today I had a special featuring chinese egg noodles, grilled chicken and stir-fried eggplant, snap peas & bell peppers, lightly dressed in some kind of Asian vinaigrette, and it was dynamite. I can hardly wait to try the salad with Lemongrass-Kaffir Lime Prawns in Chile-lime dressing. Sounds like something I'd serve in my restaurant!

Oh, and I almost forgot the perfectly dressed salad of mixed greens in a sherry vinaigrette that utterly delighted the salad snob in me!

They have this cool brown bag lunch menu, with the items actually being packaged in little Chinese-style takeout containers, complete w/ a fortune cookie and a piece of fresh fruit. Nice touch!

Next time though, I do want to dine in, because it's a cute, bright little place with friendly staff; of course the atmosphere is a good thing, but in the end it's all about the food. And the food they're cooking up at 900 Grayson, quite simply rocks!

Next time I'm going there for breakfast...

No comments: