Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cafe Biere



Have I mentioned that I love beer, and that I also love a man who makes his own beer?


Well there, now I have, in case I hadn't. Yep, my man makes beer, and he's lovable for this and for so much more. It's a wonderful thing, having all this homemade, delicious beer in the house, despite the fact that it makes it tough for me to fit into all of my pants, but I can think of worse problems to have.

Sometimes though, you have to venture out into the world to enjoy beer made by others, and tonight, that's just what we did.



Part of the reason it was SUCH a treat is that we got to enjoy these beers within stumbling distance of our home! Yes! It's a new beer drinking establishment in our neighborhood! And it's GOOD! The beer selection is OVER THE TOP! And the food is quite delicious as well! This calls for many exclamation points!!! Ladies and gentlemen, if you live in the North Oakland or Emeryville area, then please wander on over to Cafe Biere on Adeline near 40th, and give these fine people your business, because:

1. They are nice, and passionate about what they do!
2. They have an incredible selection of beers from around the world, including LOTS of Belgian ales.
3. The food is great!
4. The atmosphere is cozy!





The flatbread with caramelized onions and goat cheese made me realize that I need to learn about the true art of caramelizing onions, cause mine, although still tasty, tend to end up rather on the crispy side. These were tender and rich and sweet, and the flavors of the goat cheese and onions and the light sprinkling of crushed red pepper were the perfect match to a glass of strong, hoppy ale.

The heirloom tomato and bread salad with arugula was loaded with gorgeous, juicy tomatoes that made me thank my lucky stars to be living in California during tomato season, and every bite was savored.



The only thing that would make me love this place even more would be if they had a wider selection of vegetarian options, but I'm not really complaining, because we left happy and satisfied. Long live Cafe Biere!

No comments: