Sunday, February 03, 2008

No-Knead Bread, Winter Vacation, Pressure Cooking



Ah, what a beautiful sight to behold. Would you look at that bread? Does it not look like it came straight from a fancy French bakery? Well it did not. It came straight from my kitchen and I'm still rather thrilled about it.

I finally had a chance to try out the famous recipe for no-knead bread from the New York Times (Jim Lahey's recipe actually), and it made a believer out of me. In fact, I almost wish I hadn't learned how to make this bread because I try to keep my wheat consumption to a bare minimum. And this bread is just so good you want to inhale it! So I've created a policy that I will only bake this bread when I'm going to have or attend a dinner party. So, feel free to invite me to dinner. I'll bring the bread!

Tomorrow I'm off to the Oregon coast for week-long winter respite which will include cooking and enjoying many fine meals. When I get back, I can't wait to start trying out recipes in my new pressure cooker! If anyone out there has a good recipe featuring the pressure cooker, or a recommendation for a good cookbook, bring 'em on!

Until next week, happy bread-baking!

No comments: