Monday, December 11, 2006

If You don't Know how to Handle the Meat, then Stay the Hell out of the Kitchen


Well the good news is, I managed to make it 37 years without ever having experienced food poisoning. And the bad news is...you guessed it. I spent the weekend becoming intimately acquainted with both my bathroom floor and my garbage can, thanks to that little bugger called food poisoning. Alas, I lived to tell the tale. And no, I didn't poison myself!

The ironic part is, it happened at an over-priced tacqueria where just the very night before said incident, I'd been at a party where we'd discussed whether these over-priced tacquerias (Picante, Tacubya for instance) are really worth the price. Well let's just say that in the case of Picante, I'd say...probably not.

It's also ironic that I've eaten one dollar taco after one dollar taco at all sorts of taco trucks in questionable locales, with carnitas and carne asada and al pastor (though usually not chicken), and never once gotten sick! And then, I go to the overpriced tacqueria (although granted, my pal Janet was buying, bless her!) and pay $7 for a bowl of chicken tortilla soup, and later, it comes back to haunt me again and again and again...

So remember, folks. It's all about safety. Food safety. Which equals human safety. If you don't know how to handle raw meat then you probably shouldn't be handling raw meat. Ok. Enough said?

I'll spare you the details of my projectile vomiting ;(

3 comments:

Emily Coker said...

I especially like the picture.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Coker said...

I'm tired of this post... you need to write a new one.
Please.......