Friday, December 21, 2007

Spread the Biscotti Love

Wow. I got to work this morning and found a note on my desk from a friend of a friend, someone whom has long been a fan of my baked goods (which is funny because I am SO not a baker!) and who, at one point, had offered to help me turn my granola-making hobby into a business.

But you know how life is.... we get busy, we get distracted, we get lazy... so I never really gave it another thought. After much consideration, I decided that production baking wasn't for me, and that I'd rather just bring people little bags of goodness when the mood strikes, and be thrilled by their happy responses, like this one, in response to my dark chocolate cranberry hazelnut biscotti ...

"Dear Val,

I am by far the most critical person I know. Especially when it comes to food, I have a very, very specific way I envision things. I analyze every minute detail, every aspect of asthetics, presentation and consumption, and when I find any disagreeable detail it is commented on with tactless disdain. So it is a wonder that I continue to fall in love with your baked goods. They are, simply put, flawless. Your biscotti met all criteria and far beyond, they are a catalyst for content. Perfect texture when dipped in tea, just the right amount of chocolate to keep the palette interested and excited, not too sweet, and certainly not a burden on the conscious after three or four. How foolish I am to have not prioritized helping you get your products on the market shelves; everyone deserves to appreciate a product made with so much love. Again, if you feel you can use me in any way, I will do my very best to help. Bravo!"

So yeah, no production baking for me. Just little bags of joy. Speaking of which, I gotta get back into the kitchen now...!

3 comments:

r. zip said...

think again val. go corporate i say. use the extra profits to get yerself some proper advertising for your real work.the singing stuff.

all the love i the world
see you somewhere somehow in 2008

Soup and Song said...

Ah, hello Bob! Do you know anyone who wants to buy my recipe? I'd still love to make oodles of cash so I could use some of it to hire you to produce an album for me some day. And by the way, the Fruitvale Mansion is cozier than ever, so next time you and Magalie are in my neck of the woods, please come stay with Spider and me! Happy trails...

Anonymous said...

i agree the biscotti are perfect. sell 'em, but continue to remember your friends at christmas time :)