Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's Chili Cookoff Time again...

Greetings. It feels like it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been so busy I've barely been able to remember what day it is, and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight, at least not any time soon. But at least, the stuff keeping me busy is fun. It's fun in the kitchen, fun slinging the bass, fun strumming the guitar and fun crooning a tune to anyone who will listen, both in the physical world and in cyberspace.

Firstly, I'm excited to include this shameless plug. Check out this music player below. Just hit the triangular "play" button and let me serenade you while I tell you about the chili cookoff. And if you dig the music, just click on the "share" tab and you, too can spread the love on your blog or web site or just your merry little computer screen. Share it with someone you love, or if you don't like it, then share it with someone you don't love quite so much.





<a href="http://valesway.bandcamp.mu/track/think-of-me">Think Of Me by Val Esway</a>


And secondly, it's time for the Second Annual Koi Pond Chili Cookoff, which happens to be a benefit for the Mother Mary Ann Wright Foundation. If you live in the Bay area, then please show up with some loved ones, donate a few bucks to the Mother Mary Ann Wright Foundation, listen to some great music and eat some chili. Eat MY chili! And go one step further, and VOTE for my chili, but only if you love it, which you WILL! Last year I tied for second place in the carnivore category, but this year I've gone veggie and have refined the recipe even more. But don't come just to make me a winner! Come to raise money for a very worthy cause - the Mother Mary Ann Wright foundation feeds FOUR HUNDRED families a day in Oakland alone, and they do it with the help of you and I. If all of this wasn't reason enough, there will also be great music by the likes of Lucio Menegon, Karry Walker and Myles Boisen, and Dr. Abacus.

If you want to come, please drop me a line for the address and particulars. By the time you get in touch with me, I might even remember what day it is, and that the chili cookoff takes place on Saturday, Sept. 20th. But now, I've gotta rest my overloaded head, friends.

No comments: